Recipe: BBQ Turkey Salad
- 2 ½ lb boneless turkey breast, skin on
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Char Sui Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Hoi Sin Sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 European cucumber, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 romaine lettuce, shredded
- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Place the turkey breast on a plate and leave uncovered in the refrigerator overnight. This will dry out the bird and the skin will crisp more easily.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake the breast for 1 ½ half or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. While the turkey is baking combine the soy sauce, garlic powder, five spice powder, char sui sauce, 1 tablespoon of hoi sin and the honey. After the turkey has baked for 45 minutes baste with the marinade and then continue to baste three or four times so that it is well coated. When the turkey reaches 160 but the breast under the grill, to further crisp the skin. The turkey needs to reach 170 degrees, but keep an eye on it because the marinade can burn. The turkey can be left for up to two days in the refrigerator.
- To assemble. Combine the remaining 5 tablespoons hoi sin sauce and the rice wine vinegar. Slice or shred the turkey.
- Mix the vegetables, turkey and dressing and serve immediately.
|226||8 g||564 mg||13 g||3 g||26 g|