Recipe: Linguini and Meatballs – Simple Version
- 7 oz lean ground beef
- 7 oz lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups store bought tomato sauce
- 600g whole wheat linguini
For the Meatballs
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Form the Mixture into small balls (about 30). Don’t be tempted to make them too big or they are too difficult to eat.
- Refrigerate on a plate until the sauce is ready.
To complete the dish
- Heat a non stick saucepan and add the meatballs in a single layer. If you don’t have a saucepan big enough to take them all cook in batches until just browned.
- Add the tomato sauce to the saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally making sure that you don’t break up the meatballs. I find that a spatula works well.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta until done (I say done, because let’s face it people go on and on about how pasta should be ‘al dente’ ….it’s your dinner, bite it, thrown it against the wall, do whatever you do to check that it is done the way you like it).
- Divide the pasta between six bowls and top with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with a little parmesan if you like (it adds a few more calories) serve immediately.
|291||2 g||793 mg||37 g||7 g||25 g|