Recipe: Pork and Noodles with XO sauce
- 1 lb precooked, hokien noodles
- 10 oz pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 8 oz snow peas
- 6 oz of fresh shitake mushrooms, quartered
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons xo sauce
- Place the noodle in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Slice the pork very thinly, it is easier to do this if the pork is frozen.
- Combine the eggs with 2 tablespoons of water and whisk well. Pour the egg into a non stick fry pan and cook until set. Effectively you are making a very thin omelet. Remove the egg from the pan, roll up and slice into pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the hoisin, soy, ketchup, vinegar and xo sauce, and mix to combine.
- In a non stick wok, fry the garlic and ginger until just transparent, about 2 minutes. Do not allow to burn or the dish will be bitter. Add the pork and brown slightly. Add the vegetables and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles. Add the noodles, sauce and egg to the wok. Mix until just combined. Serve immediately.
Serves, 6 as an appetizer or light lunch, 4 as an entree
Per Serve if serving 6
|311||8 g||778 mg||39 g||3 g||19 g|